Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum
Enjoy learning the history of the Ingalls Family in Walnut Grove at the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum and Gift Store.
The museum’s collections are housed in a series of interesting buildings, including an 1898 depot, a chapel, an onion-domed house, dugout display, little red schoolhouse, early settler home, and covered wagon display. Also on display are memorabilia from visits by the following stars from the “Little House on the Prairie” TV series:
- Karen Grassle (Ma)
- Melissa Sue Anderson (Mary)
- Katherine McGregor (Mrs. Oleson)
- Alison Arngrim (Nellie Oleson)
- Kevin Hagen (Doc Baker)
- Dean Butler (Almanzo Wilder)
- Lindsay & Sidney Greenbush (Carrie)
Another feature of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum is the Kelton Doll Collection, including over 250 dolls from the 1870’s to modern times. This colorful exhibit represents Beulah Kelton’s lifelong passion. A wide selection of books, souvenirs, bonnets, aprons, and locally handcrafted items are available in the Gift Store. Other exhibits include:
- Quilt owned by Laura and her daughter Rose
- Bible from the church the Ingalls attended
- Scale models of the Ingalls TV series homes
- Historic documents – letters, photos, articles
Ages 4 & under…………….Free
Ages 5-12 ………………………$4.00
Ages 13 & over ……………$10.00
GIFT SHOP HOURS
Come on in!
We’re open 10-4 Monday – Saturday.
Sorry, the museum buildings are closed until April 1, 2022.
Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum
330 8th Street
Walnut Grove, MN 56180
800-528-7280 or 507-859-2358